مرحباً بكم في صفحة وزارة الخارجية الألمانية
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Muscat is offering a full time position as an
Assistant (male / female) in the consular/visa section of the Embassy
at the earliest possible time on the basis of a work contract according to Omani law.
Employment is currently limited to 5 months (ca. May- September). The salary is based on the Embassy’s current salary scheme for locally employed staff.
· Receiving of visa applications at the counter during opening hours and entering of data in electronic visa system
· Processing of visa applications upon arrival by the external service provider
· Printing and applying of the visa stickers in passports and archiving of the applications
· Replying to written inquiries and inquiries by telephone
· General office work in the „back office“
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
· Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, knowledge of German desired, further regional languages are a plus
· Organizational skills, commitment and dedication to the job, diligence, flexibility and high resilience
· Experience in dealing with clients and secretarial works
· Good IT-knowledge of the MS-Office programmes as well as willingness to be trained in special IT-applications in German language
· Communications skills and ability to work in a team·
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany guarantees equal opportunities for women and men and therefore strongly encourages qualified women to apply for this position.
Within the legal framework, applicants with severe disabilities will receive preferential treatment, if they possess the same professional qualifications as their competitors.
Please submit your application in English or German language together with the following documents
· Motivational letter
· Copy of passport
· Copy of I.D. card (Omani nationals), resident card (all other nationalities)
· Curriculum vitae including e-mail-address and phone number
· Proof of qualification and previous employments (degrees, certifications, etc.)
· Other relevant documentation, i.e. references of previous employers
only via e-mail (PDF-Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 21st, 2024
(date of e-mail entry at the Embassy)
Short listed candidates will be contacted shortly after the deadline to schedule an interview.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Muscat / Sultanate Oman